Thursday, January 18, 2018

A Prayer For My Baby's First Day Of School

Dear Lord,
Take care of him.
Be with him when he takes the first step to his school. My tiny baby is all set for the big journey.
I go through an emotional turmoil every time I think of staying away from him for two long hours. I never did this before. Nor did he. He gets frightened even when I lock myself in the shower for a little longer. What will he do when amidst strangers he'll not find me in school?
Will he get scared? Will he like his teacher? Will he be startled to see so many other kids? Will he cry or be able to overcome his anxiety? Will he even speak a word?
I pray to you dear Lord to make school a happy and exciting place for him. Help him enjoy so much that he doesn't miss me at all. My heart sinks when he cries and I don't want him to shed even a drop of tear on his special day. Though, am not too sure of holding back mine!
I also pray to bless the teachers with loads of patience and love. Let them understand that if he is throwing a tantrum, or shouting at the top of his voice, he is not being mean, he is seeking attention. A loving hug will do wonders. Bestow some super-powers to the teachers so that they can be equally attentive to every child in the class. I don't want my baby to hurt himself when his teacher is not looking at him.
I pray to you dear Lord to provide strength to all the children in his class who would be staying away from the comfort of their homes for the first time. Keep them calm and cheerful, help them obey their teachers and be good to each other.
Deep inside I am excited too! I still can't believe my just born baby is all grown up and ready for school. I can't wait to see him wear his new uniform, carry his bag and bottle on his shoulders, wear socks and shoes in his tiny feet and wave me goodbye from his school bus!
I just hope everything happens as smoothly as I am currently visualizing. I wish he does all this with a smile and makes it less difficult for me.
Grant him all the vigour dear Lord. Don't let anything deter his confidence. Help him be the ever smiling, super active kid in the school as well, just the way he is at home.
My prayers are not only for him but also for his peers, teachers and all the caretakers of his school. They will all play an important role in creating and providing a healthy environment for my child to flourish and grow.
Hope his first day of school becomes a memorable one that we'll cherish forever!
Amen,
An Anxious Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment