Thursday, January 18, 2018

Points To Ponder When Pregnant

Relax
Relax. Yes, that is the keyword. A relaxed mind and body help in conceiving. 
Sometimes couples don't realise they are under stress and their failed attempts to 
conceive only fuels their stress. Most of the times it's not a biological problem, 
what you need is a vacation and you never know you might just return with a good news! 
That is what honeymoons are supposed to be but if it's too early to plan a baby you can 
always go for a second honeymoon. 

Health Checkup
It is advisable to get a health check-up done before you conceive. You should be to the 
best of your health when you are pregnant. Doctors may also advise starting taking 
Folic Acid and Prenatal Multivitamins months before you start expecting. This will
 help in preventing the risk of birth defects related to the brain and spine. 

Eat
For a foodie like me, pregnancy was the happiest phase of my life. More because I ate 
without bothering about gaining weight. The only thing you need to keep in mind is 
to eat right, avoid junk and eat at intervals. My doctor advised to chew ginger to 
curb nausea and it worked. Most of the Indian spices have medicinal qualities and
 it's fine to have them if you can digest, though my favourite throughout my pregnancy 
was boiled rice and potato!

Drink 
Water intake definitely has to be increased during pregnancy. One trick to having 
water all the time is to keep a bottle of water at different corners of the house so
 that you can grab one when you are too lazy to walk to the kitchen! Also include
 milk, homemade fruit juice and coconut water in your diet. Avoid alcohol,
 aerated drinks and caffeinated beverages. Savouring a cup of tea/coffee a day is fine!

Exercise 
I was at my laziest self when I was pregnant. I was either eating or sleeping! 
The exercise was nowhere in my plans but thanks to my hubby who forced me to
 join a prenatal yoga class and I loved it. Yoga surely helped me deal with my body ache. 
It strengthened my body and prepared me for the upcoming marathon called labour! 
I felt energised and fresh after an hour of yoga every day. Other forms of exercise 
that my doctor encouraged me to do were walking, slow cycling and swimming. 
Even if you don't know how to swim, just spending some time in the water will help 
you relax a lot. 

Sleep
Getting a sound sleep at night will be difficult but try to take naps during the 
day so that you are not stressed out. Meditation and deep breathing also help in
 getting a better sleep. As the baby grows in the womb and starts kicking and dancing, 
trying to sleep will become an unforgettable adventure!

Homework
It's always a good idea to read and do a homework for anything that is new to you. 
The body goes through numerous changes during pregnancy but if you already know 
about it you'll not be scared. I had registered online to a few parenting sites and received
 weekly emails on the development of the baby. Also, if you are familiar with the medical 
terms related to pregnancy and childbirth you will get a clear picture of what the
 doctor is trying to say. You can also refer books, watch childbirth videos and discuss
 with other moms and listen to their experiences. 

Photos
Yes! When you are done pondering on all the above points, get up and get ready for 
some clicks. Don't bother about how different you look and how much weight you have 
gained. Dress well, grab your partner and smile for the camera! The natural mommy
 glow, the couple's inner happiness and the cute baby bump will all make the picture 
worth clicking.  A few more things that you should do before your delivery is to buy 
some nursing clothes, make space in your room for the baby, go for a babymoon, 
finalise baby's name and definitely sleep as much as you can because once the little 
one arrives you'll be blessed with never-ending sleepless nights!
Keep yourself happy and enjoy your pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment