Thursday, January 18, 2018

My Mommy Strongest

Moms are special, moms are strong and I dedicate this blog to my mom who for me is the strongest.
She makes everything look so easy and smooth. She managed to do every household chore, take care of outdoor work and also excelled in her career. Well, all this would sound normal but for my mom.
While she was a child she hurt her left hand badly leading to multiple fractures. My single grandma was not financially strong enough to provide proper medical treatment. That lead to a permanent damage to her hand. Neither did the hand grow as much as the other hand nor does it have enough strength to function independently.
She grew up with one hand having no strength and gradually it became a part of her life. I am purposely not using the word 'handicap' for her because she never made us felt she was one yet her medical certificate says so.
Her physical deformity didn't deter her from pursuing education, grabbing a job and raising a family with so much perfection. I wonder how she carried out every task with so much ease and elan.
I get bed ridden even with the slightest of a sprain in my body. I really salute the way she managed to do every possible task with one hand all her life.
She is so full of life that if you don't already know about her hand you won't even notice it. Her graceful sense of dressing is also a reason not many people know about it.
She never complained, never asked for help, never made anyone feel she is incapable of doing any physical task. And when you ask her the secret of her strength, she just smiles and I continue to say, "My Mommy Strongest."
Two lines directly from my heart for her,
माँ मेरी माँ दुर्गा जैसी सर्व शक्ति सवरूपिनी,
माँ से ना हो पाये दुनिया में ऐसा कोई काम नहीं |
(Ma meri ma Durga jaisi sarv shakti swarupini,
Ma se na ho paye duniya mein aisa koi kaam nahi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment